The Arab ICT Organization (AICTO) is an Arab governmental organization working under the aegis of the league of Arab States.
It aims at developing ICTs throughout the Arab region and providing the necessary mechanisms to support cooperation and complementarity between AICTO members, promote and enrich common policies and strategies to develop vital technological domains.
The AICTO aims at contributing to :
- Developing ICTs and providing the necessary tools to reinforce cooperation and complementarity between AICTO members,
- Coordinating Arab positions serving their own strategic interest within international organizations,
- Reinforcing the private sector role through encouraging its participation in all AICTO activities,
- Identifying the Arab needs and skills in the field of ICTs,
- Reinforcing the private sector role through encouraging the participation of national communities and structures representing the private sector in all AICTO activities,
- Providing the adequate environment to prepare, upgrade and attract arab ICT skills and experts taking advantage from initiatives and advanced experiences in matter of ICT deployment,
- Preparing Arab Societies to the ICT requirements,
- Taking advantage of ICT international experiences.